For our client we are searching for a senior Backend engineer to guide and lead the development team (Senior / Remote)
Summary of strict requirements:
– Strong PHP expertise – 6+ years (frameworks: Symfony is prefered, Laravel is an acceptable alternative)
– Strong Node.js experience (4+ years)
– Experienced in Python (Frameworks)
– Experience and understanding of microservices and/or event driven architecture
– Experienced in architecturing, designing and engineering scalable backend software
– Experienced in leading and guiding a backend development team
– Experienced in high traffic ecommerce platforms
– Experienced working with testing frameworks
– Docker experience (2+ year)
– Kubernetes experience (1+ year)
– Experienced working with cloud Tech GCP or AWS
– English: fluent in English
– Active communicator
– When we talk about years of experience we mean years of project experience at the client side.
Full descripion senior Lead Backend engineer (remote – Istanbul)
About the company
The client is an online platform which connects more than 250 local and international brands with consumers. They sell over 35.000 products in home and living at discounts between 30% and 80% on the original pricing. They were founded in Amsterdam beginning of 2020. Their goal is to become the biggest outlet in their category. In 2 years time the company has grown from The Netherlands to online outlets in Belgium and Germany. Led by executives from the largest online retail companies in The Netherlands the company grew to 100 enthusiastic driven professionals.Their future plans are to extend to other countries in Europe.
About the team
They currently work with an international development team of around 15 developers partly remote and partly from the office consisting of frontend developers, backend developer, Q&A’s, a Devops, a product owner and scrum master. They would like to expand their remote team further and are looking for an experienced lead Backend engineer (remote) working from Istanbul (Turkey). The team works from there remote. They follow the scrum-cycle and handels building new functionality, extending existing functionality, bugfixing, refactoring and redesign.
The team is coached by a CTO with long experience in leading remote teams and scaling Tech platforms.
To be able to grow fast, the architecture needs to be improved, new features needs to be implemented and different stakeholders will be involved in the changes The architecture will depend heavily on Cloud tech and Kubernetes to scale up.
In your position as experienced Lead Software engineer, you will guide the team and improve and optimize the Backend further:
- You are experienced in taking the lead and/or participate in architecturing, designing and developing scalable backend applications.
- Improve performance of existing events, processes and functionalities in the backend;
- Connecting suppliers to the platform;
- Extend functionalities via our API.
The company is growing fast. Therefore you have challenges and you get opportunities to be involved in various Tech aspects of scaling the company. In short, a great opportunity to discover and develop your guidance and lead qualities!
Technology stack (strict requirements):
- Strong PHP experience (6+ years), preferably with framework Symfony (Laravel is also ok);
- Strong Node.js experience (4+ years);
- Experienced in Python (Frameworks)
- Docker experience (2+ year);
- Kubernetes experience is a plus (1+ year);
- Experience and understanding of microservices and/or event driven architecture;
- Experienced in architecturing, designing and engineering scalable backend software;
- Experienced in leading a backend development team;
- Experience with high traffic ecommerce sites;
- Experience working with testing frameworks;
- Experience in working with cloud Tech GCP or AWS;
- English: fluent in English;
- Active communicator;
- Version control: GIT;
- Our dev team uses Scrum and Jira to support our agile way of working.
If you are a senior Backend developer with projectmanagement experience, ready to take the next challenge of leading a backend team please apply.
During the interviews you have the opportunity to show your expertise via a challenge and get feedback on the work you delivered.
We are only interested in Lead backend engineers who have the knowledge and necessary experience working with PHP frameworks.
We are currently NOT open to candidates that donot match the requirements for example who are not skilled in Cloud technologies.
The company is growing fast. Therefore you will be involved in the tech challenges of growing this company. In short, a great opportunity to discover and develop your own qualities!
What is important besides your technical expertise is your soft skills:
- You are an active listener meaning you are familiar with asking questions to get to know what is required and needs to be delivered.
- you are experienced working as a lead developer in remote teams. Helping guide other developers in engineering software and services.
- Colloborating with the tech productowner, CTO and other stakeholders involved to understand the roadmap and priorities. You are adaptive and know how to handle disruptions with your team and ensure a stable performance.
- Your autority doesnot come from power but from respect of your team.
- You have good communication skills in English (orally and written).
- You are experienced in working remote for English speaking customers. You know you better communicate too much than too little, with your team, to deliver your part to make the platform a success for clients.
- You see the need to discuss problems with team members when they cannot solve these themselves.
- Your working style is helping your team members to overcome challenges, help improve their skills to become a better software engineer. You pay attention to details and work accurately also with high workloads.
- Further you are a person who has seniority in software engineering but you are also eager to improve yourself.
Finally you are a person who is curious and eager to learn and you take initiative. You are easy in connecting and collaborating with other team members.
Your level of English conversation is intermediate+. You need to be able to discuss in English your ideas, proposals with the development team and stakeholders. If English communication is a problem you donot fit in this position. Further you are a person who has seniority, is curious to explore new tech and eager to learn and you take initiatives. Your prefer a structured working style with attention to details. You are easy in connecting and collaborating with other team members.
– 1st interview with the recruiter
– 2nd interview with CTO
– 3rd Tech interview with lead developer
– Possible interview with Productowner
– Fulltime (40 hours/week)
– 3 month trial period (evaluation after 1st month)
– After trial period 1 month notice
– 1+ year contract automatic renewal (we are looking for fulltime hire for the long term).
If you recognize yourself in this profile and if you are eager to work with a Dutch company than we are looking for you. Our company is growing fast and we are looking for new enthusiastic remote working employees who strengthen our team with their expertise for the long term. We offer you opportunities to be involved in various aspects of building the e-commerce platform of the company. In short, a great opportunity to discover and develop your own qualities!
TechTalent4Growth is helping small and medium sized companies grow by providing them with the European Top Tech talent. We search for experienced software developers in different countries. We have a human approach: we respect the individual and we search for qualities and competences to let people unlock their potential. When you are a company with available frontend developers for long term hire we invite you co contact us (Asian companies are excluded for this assignment).