For a fast growing platform we are searching for a PO or productowner
Summary of strict requirements:
- Good understanding of (commercial) business processes (online marketing, Sales, Customer service);
- Experience in bridging the gap between stakeholders and development by clearly prioritizing the backlog;
- Experienced in setting up Epics and user stories (3+ years);
- Experience working according to the scrum cycle (3+ years);
- Accurate and attention to details in your way of working;
- English: intermediate+ (worked in English speaking teams before);
- Active communicator;
- When we talk about years of experience we mean years of project experience at the client side.
Extensive descripion Productowner position (Remote)
About the company
The company is a Dutch e-commerce company. They build and maintain an online platform to connect to airport services across the world and sell these services to airport travelers. The company employs 25 people and is growing fast, year on year (Y2Y) basis 50%. They have the financial resources to extend services on the platform and invest in new. They are currently active in 14 countries in the EU, USA and Australia and are growing fast to become the no. 1 platform for air travelers.
About the team
They currently work with a development team of 7 developers (3 more are joining the coming months) partly remote and partly from the office consisting of 4 full stack laravel developers, 1 frontend developer, 2 Q&A and scrum master. They would like to expand their remote team further and are looking for experienced Productowner (remote). The team has allready experience working with a productowner following the scrum-cycle handeling and building new functionality, extending existing functionality, bugfixing, refactoring and redesign.
The team is coached by a CTO with long experience in leading remote teams and technically scaling platforms. They are technically transforming to microservices to support their global growth
To reach the global growth goal of becoming no. 1 worldwide, features for development needs to be prioritized. My client is looking for an experience PO or productowner (3 years experience). Within the company different stakeholders will be involved such as online marketing, Online Sales, Customer Service, Finance etc. In order to speed up performance of the site and increasing user experience the choice was made to move to microservices!
The company invests heavily in growing the capacity of the development team.
In your position as productowner, you will:
- Challenge stakeholders in making the right product decisions based on the strategy;
- Help setting up buy vs build decisions and requirements analysis of different productfeatures
- Be responsible for the product roadmap and actively communicate this roadmap and keep stakeholders and teams involved about challenges and next steps;
- Translate business needs of different departments into Jira cards and prioritize them;
- Are the day-to-day guide for the development team for product questions;
- Our dev team uses Scrum and Jira, which you are proficient to work with;
- You like fast paced environments: every monday the whole company has a standup to talk about achievements of last week and the goals of the coming week.
We are currently NOT open to candidates that donot match the requirements for example who are not skilled in writing user stories and prioritizing them.
The company is growing fast which creates opportunities. Therefore you will be involved in business challenges of growing this company. In short, a great opportunity to discover and develop your own qualities!
What is important besides your technical expertise is your soft skills:
- You are an active listener meaning you are familiar with asking questions to get to know what stakeholders and departments require. Further you have good communication skills (orally and written).
- You are experienced writing user stories, requirements and DoD’s. As a person you have seniority (which doesnot have to do with age;-)
- Besides listening you are able to prioritize with your stakeholders. This can also mean to say no to productfeatures because the capacity is lacking and other priorities are higher on the backlog.
- Towards the development team you are clear in your verbal and written communication.
- Your prefer a structured working style with attention to details. You are easy in connecting and collaborating with different functional teams (Development, online marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Finance etc.) and levels In the organization.
You are experienced in working remote in English speaking teams. You know you better communicate too much than too little with your team and Stakeholders, to do your job and deliver your part of the platform. Your level of English conversation is intermediate+. You need to be able to discuss in English your ideas, proposals with the development team and stakeholders. If this communication in English is a problem you donot fit in this position.
Finally you are a person who is curious and eager to learn and you take initiative. You are easy in connecting and collaborating with other team members.
1st interview with the recruiter
2nd interview with CTO
3rd A challenge matching your PO skills
4th interview with stakeholder and CTO
3 month trial period (evaluation after 1st and end of 3rd month)
After trial period 1 month notice
1+ year contract (we are looking for fulltime hire for the long term).
TechTalent4Growth is helping small and medium sized companies grow by providing them with the European Top Tech talent. We search for experienced software developers in different countries. We have a human approach: we respect the individual and we search for qualities and competences to let people unlock their potential. When you are a company with available frontend developers for long term hire we invite you co contact us (Asian developers are excluded for this assignment).