For a Dutch agency we are searching for a Sr. Full stack WordPress developer with design skills
Summary of strict requirements:
- 5+ years of WordPress Frontend development experience (e.g. building templates from scratch);
- 4+ years mastering graphical tools like Figma, Sketch or Photoshop;
- 3+ years UI/UX design experience;
- Experience working with GIT;
- Experience with PHP (3+ years);
- Accurate and attention to details in your way of working;
- English: intermediate+ (worked in English speaking teams before);
- Active communicator;
- When we talk about years of experience we mean years of project experience at the client side.
Extensive descripion WordPress Frontend development position (Remote)
About the company
The company is a Dutch Agency building WordPress sites for clients from scratch with their own theme. Besides web development they offer online marketing services, attracting visitors to the websites of their clients. They are growing steadily every year and have set up a remote team of WordPress developers
About the team
They currently have a team of 3 online marketeers, 5 developers with 1 remote developer and 2 projectmanagers. They would like to expand their remote team further and are looking for experienced wordpress frontend developers with design skills (remote). They follow the scrum-cycle with daily standups. The team handles building new website, building new functionality, bugfixing and redesign.
Your responsibilities entail:
- Set up UX/UI and visual designs for customers;
- Translate visual designs to frontends based on the theme of the client;
- Ability to plan, conceptualize, and deliver projects (planning, estimating, developing, collaborating, testing, and QA) with other team members;
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs,
Your skill level:
- Advanced proficiency with graphical tools like Figma, Sketch or Photoshop;
- Experience with building frontends with Custom WordPress themes and plugins from scratch. Able to show us examples;
- Some development expertise with custom post types, custom fields, plug-ins, theme development and WordPress database;
- Understanding of WordPress Shortcodes, functions, and the loop;
- Extrensive experience with the full frontend development life cycle. You have experience in working locally, deploying to staging environment, and with deployments to production;
- You are comfortable with the command line and WP-CLI;
- Experience connecting to data from the frontend using APIs.
Besides the skills mentioned above, if you have experience with the following, you should definitely apply:
- CSS pre-processors (SASS or LESS);
- Responsive Frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap);
- 3rd party APIs, SOAP;
- knowledge from Vue.js and Angulkar.js (would be nice, not required);
- AWS or other Cloud Computing platform would be nice.
We are currently NOT open to candidates that donot match the requirements for example who are skilled in Drupal or other CMS’s than WordPress/Woocommerce/
The company is growing steadily which creates opportunities. In short, a great opportunity to discover and develop your qualities!
You possess strong verbal and written communication skills and you can work individually, as well as within a team. Being skilled in taking responsibility and a sharp eye for time management are paramount, along with a passion for open source and giving back to the community.
As a person you have seniority (this is not about age;-) Your prefer a structured working style with attention to details. You are easy in connecting and collaborating with other teams members.
You are experienced in working remote for English speaking customers. You know you better communicate too much than too little, with your team, to do your job and deliver your part of the WordPress site. Your level of English conversation is intermediate+. You need to be able to ask questions to verify what you need to build and understand answers and feedback in English. If this type of English communication is a problem you donot fit in this position.
Finally you are a person who is curious and eager to learn and you take initiative. You are easy in connecting and collaborating with other team members.
Apply and submit at least 4 links to examples of your Frontend and design work, one of which being an open source project.
1st interview with the recruiter
2nd interview with co-Founder client
3rd Possible challenge matching your WordPress skills
3 month trial period (evaluation after 1st and end of 3rd month)
After trial period 1 month notice
1+ year contract (we are looking for fulltime hire for the long term).
TechTalent4Growth is helping small and medium sized companies grow by providing them with the European Top Tech talent. We search for experienced software developers in different countries. We have a human approach: we respect the individual and we search for qualities and competences to let people unlock their potential. When you are a company with available frontend developers for long term hire we invite you co contact us (Asian developers are excluded for this assignment).