For a Dutch agency we are searching for a Sr. WordPress Backend developer
Summary of strict requirements:
- 5+ years of WordPress Backend development experience (e.g. building templates from scratch);
- 5+ years of PHP experience;
- Accurate and attention to details in your way of working;
- English: intermediate+ (worked in English speaking teams before);
- Active communicator;
- When we talk about years of experience we mean years of project experience at the client side.
Extensive descripion WordPress Backend development position (Remote)
About the company
The company is a Dutch Agency building WordPress sites for clients from scratch with their own theme. Besides web development they offer online marketing services, attracting visitors to the websites of their clients. They are growing steadily every year and have set up a remote team of WordPress developers
About the team
They currently have a team of 3 online marketeers, 5 developers with 2 remote developers and 2 projectmanagers. They would like to expand their remote team further and are looking for experienced wordpress developers (remote). They follow the scrum-cycle with daily standups. The team handles building new website, building new functionality, bugfixing and redesign.
Your responsibilities entail:
- Develop new features, plugins and advanced theme components within WordPress;
- Develop tools for internal use by the client
- Understand and implement security measures and understand WordPress security best practices;
- Ability to plan, conceptualize, and deliver projects (planning, estimating, developing, collaborating, testing, and QA) with other team members.
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs with performance and security in mind.
Your skill level:
- Advanced proficiency with modern PHP & MySQL development, including object oriented PHP.
- Experience with Custom WordPress themes and plugins from scratch, able to show us examples within your GitHub/BitBucket/WP Repo account.
- Development expertise with custom post types, custom fields, plug-ins, theme development and WordPress database.
- Opinions on WordPress architecture including version control, deployment, server configuration and caching.
- Understanding of WordPress Shortcodes, functions, and the loop.
- Extensive experience with the full development life cycle. You have experience in working locally, deploying to staging environment, and with deployments to production.
- You are comfortable with the command line and WP-CLI
- Experience transferring data through endpoints using APIs.
- Experience with dependency management tools like Composer, Grunt, Gulp, and Bower.
Besides the skills mentioned above, if you have experience with the following, you should definitely apply:
- CSS pre-processors (SASS or LESS);
- Responsive Frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap);
- 3rd party APIs, SOAP;
- AWS or other Cloud Computing platform;
- PHP Unit Testing.
We are currently NOT open to candidates that donot match the requirements for example who are skilled in Drupal or other CMS’s than WordPress/Woocommerce/
The company is growing steadily which creates opportunities. In short, a great opportunity to discover and develop your qualities!
You possess strong verbal and written communication skills and you can work individually, as well as within a team. Being skilled in taking responsibility and a sharp eye for time management are paramount, along with a passion for open source and giving back to the community.
As a person you have seniority (this is not about age;-) Your prefer a structured working style with attention to details. You are easy in connecting and collaborating with other teams members.
You are experienced in working remote for English speaking customers. You know you better communicate too much than too little, with your team, to do your job and deliver your part of the WordPress site. Your level of English conversation is intermediate+. You need to be able to ask questions to verify what you need to build and understand answers and feedback in English. If this type of English communication is a problem you donot fit in this position.
Finally you are a person who is curious and eager to learn and you take initiative. You are easy in connecting and collaborating with other team members.
Apply and submit at least 4 links to examples of your work (plugins/themes ), one of which being an open source project.
1st interview with the recruiter
2nd interview with co-Founder client
3rd Possible challenge matching your WordPress skills
3 month trial period (evaluation after 1st and end of 3rd month)
After trial period 1 month notice
1+ year contract (we are looking for fulltime hire for the long term).
TechTalent4Growth is helping small and medium sized companies grow by providing them with the European Top Tech talent. We search for experienced software developers in different countries. We have a human approach: we respect the individual and we search for qualities and competences to let people unlock their potential. When you are a company with available frontend developers for long term hire we invite you co contact us (Asian developers are excluded for this assignment).