For our client we are searching for 5 Software engineers Backend (Senior / Remote)
Summary of strict requirements:
– Strong Symfony expertise (Laravel is also ok) (4+ years)
– Strong Node.js experience (4+ years)
– Docker experience (1+ year)
– Kubernetes experience is a plus (1+ year)
– Experience and understanding of microservices and/or event driven architecture
– Depending on experience designing and realizing functionalities of various levels of complexity
– Experience with high traffic ecommerce sites
– Experience working with testing frameworks
– Experience in working with cloud Tech is a plus (eg. AWS, Google, Azure)
– English: intermediate+
– Active communicator
– When we talk about years of experience we mean years of project experience at the client side.
Full descripion Software engineer position, backend (senior)
About the company
he client is an online platform with discounts between 30% and 80% on over 35.000 products from more than 250 local and international brands.They were founded in Amsterdam beginning of 2020. Their goal is to become the biggest outlet in their category. In 2 years time the company has grown from The Netherlands to online outlets in Belgium and Germany. Led by executives from the largest online retail companies in The Netherlands the company grew to 100 enthusiastic driven professionals.Their future plans are to extend to other countries in Europe.
About the team
They currently work with an international development team of around 15 developers partly remote and partly from the office consisting of frontend developers, backend developer, Q&A’s, a Devops, a product owner and scrum master. They would like to expand their remote team further and are looking for 5 experienced Backend software engineers (remote). The team follows the scrum-cycle and handels building new functionality, extending existing functionality, bugfixing, refactoring and redesign.
The team is coached by a CTO with long experience in leading remote teams and scaling platforms.
To be able to grow fast, new features needs to be implemented and different stakeholders will be involved. The architecture will depend heavily on Cloud tech and Kubernetes to scale up.
In your position as experienced software engineer, you will manage and optimize the following tasks/functionalities:
- You take a lead and/or participate in designing and developing scalable backend applications.
- Improve performance of existing events, processes and functionalities for different countries;
- Connecting suppliers to the platform;
- Extend functionalities via our API.
The company is growing fast. Therefore we can offer you opportunities to be involved in various aspects of the company. In short, a great opportunity to discover and develop your own qualities!
Technology stack (strict requirements):
- Symfony expertise (Laravel is also ok) (4+ years);
- Node.js experience (4+ years);
- Experience with Typescript is a plus;
- Docker experience (1+ year);
- Kubernetes experience is a plus (1+ year);
- Experience and understanding of microservices and/or event driven architecture;
- Experience with high traffic ecommerce sites;
- Experience working with testing frameworks;
- Experience in working with cloud Tech is a plus (eg. AWS, Google, Azure);
- Version control: GIT;
- Our dev team uses Scrum and Jira to support our agile way of working.
We are only interested in software engineers who have the knowledge and necessary experience to help us improve and scale our backend. During the interviews you have the opportunity to show your expertise via a challenge and get feedback on the work you delivered.
We are currently NOT open to candidates that donot match the requirements for example who are not skilled in Cloud technologies.
The company is growing fast. Therefore you will be involved in the tech challenges of growing this company. In short, a great opportunity to discover and develop your own qualities!
What is important besides your technical expertise is your soft skills:
- You are an active listener meaning you are familiar with asking questions to get to know what is required and needs to be delivered.
- You have good communication skills in English (orally and written).
- You are experienced in working remote for English speaking customers. You know you better communicate too much than too little, with your team, to deliver your part to make the platform a success for clients.
- You ask for help when you need it or discuss problems with your colleagues if you cannot solve them yourself.
- your working style is that you pay attention to details and work accurately also with high workloads. Everything you do, you test and check before you deliver for review.
- Further you are a person who has seniority and eager to learn and you take initiatives.
- You are a fast learner, curious and interested in performance improvement in cloud/software.
Finally you are a person who is curious and eager to learn and you take initiative. You are easy in connecting and collaborating with other team members.
Your level of English conversation is intermediate+. You need to be able to discuss in English your ideas, proposals with the development team and stakeholders. If English communication is a problem you donot fit in this position. Further you are a person who has seniority, is curious to explore new tech and eager to learn and you take initiatives. Your prefer a structured working style with attention to details. You are easy in connecting and collaborating with other team members.
– 1st interview with the recruiter
– 2nd interview with Lead developer and CTO
– 3rd challenge
– 4th Tech interview with lead developer and CTO
– Fulltime (40 hours/week)
– 3 month trial period (evaluation after 1st month)
– After trial period 1 month notice
– 1+ year contract automatic renewal (we are looking for fulltime hire for the long term).
If you recognize yourself in this profile and if you are eager to work with a Dutch company than we are looking for you. Our company is growing fast and we are looking for new enthusiastic remote working employees who strengthen our team with their expertise for the long term. We offer you opportunities to be involved in various aspects of building the e-commerce platform of the company. In short, a great opportunity to discover and develop your own qualities!
TechTalent4Growth is helping small and medium sized companies grow by providing them with the European Top Tech talent. We search for experienced software developers in different countries. We have a human approach: we respect the individual and we search for qualities and competences to let people unlock their potential. When you are a company with available frontend developers for long term hire we invite you co contact us (Asian companies are excluded for this assignment).