For our clients we are searching for Software Systems Engineers (Medior)
Summary of strict requirements:
- Strong experience working with Docker (4+ years) as a developer with at least 2+ years working with Docker in the Cloud in combination with Kubernetes.
- 2 years in migrating websites/applications to the cloud.
- Backend: PHP 7.x (5 years), Bash (2 years), WordPress (3 years), Magento/WooCommerce would be a plus.
- System administration experience: Linux/Nginx sysadmin (3+ years) reading logs, installing new software, optimizing existing performance, troubleshooting etc.
- Frontend experience: HTML, CSS (5 years).
- English: intermediate+.
- Problem solving attitude, accurate working style and active communicator.
- When we talk about years of experience we mean years of project experience at the client side.
Extensive descripion Medior Software Systems Engineer
About the company
This Dutch company is a SaaS e-commerce company. They developed their own SaaS platform to offer small and medium sized e-commerce companies unparalleled performance. Normally only large enterprises can afford these services but due to the high level of automation on their platform they can offer cloud services for affordable prices . This way small and medium sized e-commerce companies can profit from the performance without maintaining a team of Devops specialists.
The company is beyond the starting phase and is growing from a team of 6 people to 10+ the coming months. They choose to extend their remote tech team to extend their platform and fuel their growth.
About the team
They want to expand their remote team with Application Systems Engineers.
The company currently works with a team of 6 people, a highly experienced CTO, two junior application engineers, a customer success manager and commercial managers. The team works remote (part permanent) and in the office (part hybrid).
The team works according to the scrum-cycle with daily standups and extensive communication.
In the future, based on the growth of the SaaS platform and the provided services development and operation tasks will grow and the team will be extended accordingly.
Your job is to migrate WordPress/WooCommerce/Magento ecommerce sites to the SaaS platform. You set up containers in Docker and do tests to make sure after migration the site performs better than it has done in the old school hosting environment.
You use the performance tool New relic to analyse performance of the website. When there are disruptions in performance, you analyse the weblogs, you check logs of Apache/Nginx for errors. You need your development expertise to dig into the WordPress/WooCommerce/Magento sites and see what problem(s) are causing the lack in performance. You are capable of fixing the errors, finding performance issues in plugins/installations and fixing these. You test your work and after testing the website should be stable, errors solved and performing to the standards of the SaaS platform
The company is growing fast. You should have an open mind and like to learn new tech. If you have what it takes we can offer you opportunities to be involved in various aspects of the company. In short, a great opportunity to discover and develop your own qualities!
System administration experience:
- You are experienced with Linux/Nginx sysadmin (3+ years) reading logs, installing new software, optimizing existing performance, troubleshooting etc.
- You are experienced working with Bash (3 years).
- You have 5+ years of development experience (and troubleshooting) with PHP and WordPress 3 yeAars and WooCommerce and Magento experience would be a plus.
- You have at least 4 years project experience with Docker.
- Deploy technology like CDN to speed up websites.
- Caching using Redis to optimize workload (experience with Redis would be a plus but not a prerequisite).
- Preferably you have migrated websites to the cloud.
- Besides being a developer you have measured performance of ecommerce websites with tools (like New Relic) and you delivered performance improvements of ecommerce sites. If you have done this in the cloud you definitely should apply for this job.
- you have 2 years experience with migrating ecommerce sites to the cloud (on Kubernetes/Docker) and optimizing application performance.
- Preferably you have 2 years project experience with Kubernetes in combination with Docker.
We are only interested in Software System Engineer with the necessary project experience in years. If you have more experience we are always interested in your application.
During the recruitment process a challenge could be a part of the procedure.
We are currently NOT open to candidates that donot match the requirements for example who donot have experience with Linux, Bash.
What is important besides your technical expertise is your soft skills:
- You are an active listener meaning you are familiar with asking questions to get to know what is required and needs to be delivered.
- You have good communication skills (orally and written).
- You are experienced in working remote for English speaking customers. You know you better communicate too much than too little, with your team, to deliver your part to make the platform a success for clients.
- You ask for help when you need it or discuss problems with your colleagues if you cannot solve them yourself.
- your working style is that you pay attention to details and work accurately also with high workloads. Everything you do, you test and check before you deliver for review.
- You are interested in optimizing your efficiency in work processes without lacking performance or quality.
- You are a fast learner, curious and interested in new evolutions in cloud/software.
Your level of English conversation is intermediate+. This means you need to be able to discuss in English your ideas, proposals with the development team and stakeholders. If this is a problem for you, you are in English below the required level.
Finally you are a person who is curious and eager to learn and you take initiative. You are easy in connecting and collaborating with other team members.
1st interview with the recruiter
2nd code assignment
3rd interview CTO (if necessary a 3rd interview could be done)
3 month trial period (evaluation after 1st month)
After trial period 1 month notice
1+ year contract (we are looking for fulltime hire for the long term).
TechTalent4Growth is helping small and medium sized companies grow by providing them with the European Top Tech talent. We search for experienced software developers in different countries. We have a human approach: we respect the individual and we search for qualities and competences to let people unlock their potential. When you are a company with available frontend developers for long term hire we invite you co contact us (Asian developers are excluded for this assignment).